Monday, June 10, 2013

Mantra Monday


In the few weeks since I have been home from school, I have been overwhelmed with the idea of getting a job. I got one but that quickly turned out to be a big mistake; the kind of mistake that left me sitting in an office by myself for 10 hours a day. So now I'm faced with the decision to either find a job and potentially miss out on some fun summer things or babysitting here and there and not having any money. I am a beach girl. If the sun it out I'm outside in a bathing suit; no excuses. As much as a love the summertime, I also love having money in the bank. My parents do enough for me and I hate having to ask them to borrow money on top of everything else. The solution? Babysitting some nights and working with my dad, contracting, a few days during the week. This way I can still be making money while still enjoying my summer. Money is important; it is what the world basically revolves around. We need money for everything. But on the other hand, so is being happy. If you are not doing what makes you happy then what's the point? It may be cliche but what Dolly Parton said is true; "Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life". The balance is tricky but there is always a way.

with love,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment