Thursday, June 20, 2013

Strawberry Fields Forever




Strawberry Shortcake

How could we resist a BIG Chair Photo?!



 
Top: American Apparel, Jacket: Abercrombie (similar), Skort & Sandals: Dolce Vita



This past weekend was Mattituck's annual Strawberry Festival. I had been wanting to go since the previous year and was so looking forward to it. Myself along with two of my great friends took the hour long drive out-east to spend a Friday night in what we described as strawberry heaven. Little did we know that what awaited us was a huge field filled with food carts, arts & crafts vendors and rides. Of course when we first arrived we went straight to the strawberry treats and consumed our weight in strawberry shortcake. After that, rides were kind of out of the question so we walked around and enjoy the night. (Roasted corn and picture taking also occurred.)  As summer is about to officially begin I'm glad to cross this item off my summer bucket list. But even better is that I had an incredible night laughing and making memories with my friends!
5. go to the Mattituck Strawberry Festival
Needless to say, the Strawberry Festival blew my expectations out of the water and I will definitely be making this a yearly tradition.

with love,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment