Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hibachi at Home

One of my absolute favorite meals and favorite places to go out to eat is Samurai, a hibachi restaurant near my house in Huntington. I go to Samurai every year for my birthday and probably 4 other times throughout the year as well. (If you are ever in town, I highly recommend and suggest you try it. You will not be disappointed). Unfortunately since I'm at school in the city 8 months out of the year, I had to improvise. Although it doesn't quite add up the experience and deliciousness of Samurai (there are also no knife tricks and flames happening in my kitchen), this might just be the perfect solution to curb the cravings. And even though I secretly want to be a hibachi chef, this recipe is super easy for anyone at any culinary skill level. 

with love,
Marisa

here's what you'll need:
Success Boil-in-Bag rice (any rice works), soy sauce, eggs, vegetables (I used zucchini)
Sometimes I add shrimp, it all depends on your mood and appetite.

     
 Fry eggs, boil rice, and sauté zucchini
The rice takes about 10 minutes to cook, so usually I'll do the rice first and about halfway through I will cook the eggs, put to the side and then cook the zucchini.

When everything is done, combine into the frying pan.


Add the soy sauce; as little or as much as you want.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment